Malwarebytes is the security program, designed to protect and removes malware from your PC. This Software application protects your PC against viruses, ransomware, worms, Trojan horses, rootkits and spyware components and other advanced online threats.
It is light-weight, fast, and excellent at removing the latest infections which are very much harmful to the PC. Malwarebytes’ scan and updates many times a day that allows your PC to stay protected from threats.
The major approach of malware bytes is that everyone should have malware security without any charge this makes them offer very best real-time disinfection and security software application in the marketplace. It introduced four independent technology modules anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, Malicious website protection to block.
Installation instructions for Malwarebytes Antivirus:
- Find installer i.e. Look for the mb3-setup.exe file in your Downloads folder (or where you saved it).
- Open installer and double-click the file and run the program which is located on your desktop and you will start the installation process.
- When the installation begins to follow installer instructions Read the instructions to complete installation to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave Launch Malwarebytes checked. Then click on the Finish button. If Malwarebytes prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- The Program will now start and you will see the main screen as shown below.
- Please click on the Scan Now button to start the scan.
- If an update is available then Malwarebytes program will automatically download it before performing the scan.
- Once the scanning process started on your computer it takes some time to finish. While scanning the program it displays the amount of malware or other undesirables threats. If you want to check the details, click on the review link.
- When the scanning finishes it will display a screen with malware details that have detected. Now click on the Apply Actions button to remove all the listed malware. Malwarebytes will now delete all the files and registry keys and add them to the program’s quarantine. After removing the files, Malwarebytes requires the reboot.
- Once your computer finishes rebooting, you can start Malwarebytes again. And click on the History button to view the list of the malware that has removed and quarantined.
- You can now exit the program.
What Malwarebytes does
Malwarebytes not only gives real-time protection but also gives two types of scan settings in the free version – Full scan and Quick Scan. If Malwarebytes detects any infection then immediately alerts you to perform what action to take otherwise the decision takes by itself. With the help of ignore list, it will skip the files from scanning as well as blocks the websites that are risky to your computer.
Features of Malwarebytes:
Advanced Threat Protection: Protects your PC from the latest dangerous threats with its real-time advanced anti-malware, and anti-rootkit technology. So you can browse the web without any worry.
Quick and smart scanning: Fast hyper and Quick scanning are available to target the threats. It runs in the background so you can continue your personal works. Automatic scan scheduler scans and updates the database as per convenient times.
Protects you from fake and infected websites: Malwarebytes give complete protection against fake websites and malicious links that downloaded unknowingly. It protects from hackers and infected ads to make the PC free from Malware.
Protection against Locked files and ransom attacks: With the next-gen Anti ransomware technology it acts a complete defense shield against unknown and known ransomware and blocks them with simple decryption tool from harming your Computer.
Anti-exploit: Consist of Four layers that give protection from targeting browsers and application vulnerabilities, work together to block exploits instantly.
What are the system requirements to run Malwarebytes?
The following are Malwarebytes minimum system requirements:
- Windows 10 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32/64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1 or later, 32/64-bit)
- Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later, 32-bit only)
- Internet Explorer 6 or newer
- 2048 MB RAM (64-bit OS)
- 1024 MB RAM (32-bit OS, except 256 MB for Windows XP)
- 800 MHz CPU or faster with SSE2 technology
- 20MB of free hard disk space
- 1024×768 or greater screen resolution
- Active internet connection for database and product updates
- Malwarebytes is easy to install as it is the lightweight software application which uses the less system resource.
- User-friendly interface which is Easy to use.
- Fast and deep scanning is done in a safe mode.
- Quick Scan Scheduler is not available
- Detection of Infection from the emails or websites is very poor.
- At the time of scanning the speed of the computer is little slow.
- No real-time protection against attack.
- Most of the advanced features are paid.