Last Updated: 23rd October 2018
SMPlayer Free Download Overview:
SMPlayer is considered one of the best media players for Windows devices. This free music player uses the M Player as the Playback engine which supports almost all the audio and video formats. SMPlayer has built-in Codecs so that any other external codecs not required to download or install. Just install SMPlayer, you can play all the media files including the YouTube videos or download subtitles. The top-best media player works on all versions of Windows such as Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (32/64-Bit).
SMPlayer stores all your preferred settings while you are playing any video or audio file. This program used to open and play video and audio files from YouTube videos, DVDs, CDs, audio CDs and more.
SMPlayer for Windows Important Features:
- Play all Media Formats: SMPlayer supports all the audio and videos file formats due to built-in codecs Feature like MP3, Mp4, MOV, AAC, FLAC, OGG, MPEG, FLV, etc.
- Youtube Support: SMPlayer not only support all media formats but also support in playing the YouTube videos and its optional plug-in help to search for YouTube videos.
- Subtitle Download Option: SM Player allows the user to search and download subtitles from opensubtitles.org.
- Multiple Platforms: SMPlayer is compatible with multiple operating systems such as Windows, Linux, etc.
- Advance Features: SMPlayer consists of more advanced features like video and audio filters, change of the playback speed, adjustment of audio and subtitles delay, video equalizer, and much more.
- Preferred Language: Presently SMPlayer supports more than 30 languages, including Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Skins: Bored with the same color and the icon then use Skin Feature to change them. It allows changing the look of the player with the help of several themes which are already available.
- MPlayer: SMPlayer uses the award-winning MPlayer as playback engine which considered as the best player in the world that supports all file formats and also MPV format.
SMPlayer System Requirements
Your PC should meet the following minimum system requirements to run SMPlayer Free Download.
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
What’s new in SMPlayer Latest Version
- The thumbnail generator has been fixed.
- The H2O theme is now included in the binary.
SMPlayer Supports the below Input Video, Audio Formats:
Supported Input Formats
– (S) VCD (Super Video CD)
– CDRwin’s .bin image file
– DVD, including encrypted DVD
– MPEG-1/2 (ES/PS/PES/VOB)
– AVI file format
– ASF/WMV/WMA format
– QT/MOV/MP4 format
– RealAudio/RealVideo format
– Ogg/OGM files
– NSV (Nullsoft Streaming Video)
– VIVO format
– FLI format
– NuppelVideo format
– Yuv4mpeg format
– FILM (.cpk) format
– RoQ format
– streaming via HTTP/FTP, RTP/RTSP, MMS/MMST, MPST, SDP
– TV grabbing
Supported Video (only the most important are listed)
– MPEG-1 (VCD) and MPEG-2 (SVCD/DVD/DVB) video
– MPEG-4 ASP in all variants including DivX ;-), OpenDivX (DivX4), DivX 5 (Pro), Xvid
– MPEG-4 AVC aka H.264
– Windows Media Video 7/8 (WMV1/2)
– Windows Media Video 9 (WMV3) (using x86 DLL)
– RealVideo 1.0, 2.0 (G2)
– RealVideo 3.0 (RP8), 4.0 (RP9) (using Real libraries)
– Sorenson v1/v3 (SVQ1/SVQ3), Cinepak, RPZA and other QuickTime codecs
– DV video
– Intel Indeo3 (3.1, 3.2)
– Intel Indeo 4.1 and 5.0 (using x86 DLL or XAnim codecs)
– VIVO 1.0, 2.0, I263 and other H.263(+) variants (using x86 DLL)
– MJPEG, AVID, VCR2, ASV2 and other hardware formats
– Various old simple RLE-like formats
Supported audio codecs (only the most important are listed)
– MPEG layer 1, 2, and 3 (MP3) audio
– AC3/A52, E-AC3, DTS (Dolby Digital) audio (software or SP/DIF)
– AAC (MPEG-4 audio)
– WMA (DivX Audio) v1, v2
– WMA 9 (WMAv3), Voxware audio, ACELP.net, etc. (using x86 DLLs)
– RealAudio: COOK, SIPRO, ATRAC3 (using Real libraries)
– RealAudio: DNET and older codecs
– QuickTime: Qclp, Q-Design QDMC/QDM2, MACE 3/6 (using QT libraries), ALAC
– Ogg Vorbis audio
– VIVO audio (g723, Vivo Siren) (using x86 DLL)
– alaw/ulaw, (ms)gsm, pcm, *adpcm, and other simple old audio formats
SMPlayer PROS and CONS:
- Easy and fast installation.
- This free media player uses a very less System resource.
- It contains a User-friendly interface with many customizable options.
- SMPlayer is the best graphical user interface for MPlayer.
- SMPlayer is capable of resume back a video when it is closed and play when you restart the player, and it will start from where you stopped with same settings.
- Not restricted by codecs.
- A lot of subtitle controls with Excellent file format compatibility.
- Does not support stand-alone VOB files & interactive SWF files.
- Could not associate with RM files properly in Win Vista & 7.
- Doesn’t play some codec protected media properly.
Download SMPlayer Free for Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10
Click the below link to download the latest version of SMPlayer. It is Compatible with all Windows operating systems (32-bit /64-bit).