Sublime Text 3 is the best source code editor with Python application programming interface. In addition to this, the text editor also supports many programming languages and markup languages. This code editor can work with Windows operating systems XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. Moreover, users can download the source code editor on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors.
Sublime Text Free Download Overview:
The Sublime Text editor has a user-friendly interface which is very useful for word processing. It is the best option for those who are looking for an alternate text editor with many other features. Users can pay minimum attention towards the installation as it is a smooth process. Once the installation process is finished, you will find a single window with the gray background. In addition to performing tasks like undo and redo, this free text editor can also join and swap lines as well as indent lines. Sublime Text 3 has enhanced features and is faster compared to its previous versions. The code editor has various commands that can switch between recently used projects, close the current project and many more.
Sublime Text has got a huge community that creates packages to simplify most of the tasks. By using the package control add-on, users can directly install packages from the editor. Once the users discover the multiple cursors option, they will not prefer any other editor. Further, the text editor supports UTF-8 encoded dictionaries which can help you in spell checking and you can easily correct the wrong ones. More importantly, the code editor provides build systems that allow users to run external programs.
Sublime Text Editor Download Key Features:
- The source code editor has multiple selections feature which is very useful to the user in changing the names of the variables. In addition to this, the editor also allows you to change lines at the same time and manipulate files faster than ever before. Moreover, multiple selections feature is also useful to make column selections which can select the rectangular area of a file.
- Further, the Goto Anything feature can open files with few keystrokes and users can move to the required symbols, lines or words.
- By using information obtained from syntax definitions, the best code editor generates the project-wide index of classes, functions, and methods.
- The Command Palette feature holds non-frequently used functionality such as sorting, make changes to syntax and the indentation settings. In a few keystrokes, you can search for anything you require without navigating to menus.
- Furthermore, the editor lets you customize settings and specify them on per file and per project basis.
- Users can extract most out of their widescreen monitor with split editing feature. This feature is useful when you are willing to edit files side by side or edit two locations in one file.
- With the help of this utility software, users receive unmatched responsiveness as it is built on custom components.
- In addition to these features, the source code editor supports cross-platform and is available on MAC, Windows, and Linux. Provided you need to have the license from Sublime Text for your computer. You can also prefer Notepad++ 7.5.6 which is one of the best text editors.
Sublime Editor System Requirements:
- Operating System: It supports Windows XP, Vista, 7,8, 8.1, and 10 (32/64-Bit).
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or Later.
- RAM: 512 MB of memory.
- Hard-disk: 100 MB of free space.
Sublime Text 3 Conclusion:
On the whole, Sublime Text 3 is the best source code editor which comes with the cross-platform feature. More importantly, it has the multiple selections feature that can rename multiple variables at the same time.